Connect with us

Men

Carson Yahvah, Rossiter Elementary teacher charged with assaulting 9-year-old student

Published

on

A music instructor at Four Georgians Elementary School who was accused of beating a 9-year-old disabled student in his classroom has been sued together with Helena Public Schools.

Following an altercation on March 7 in his classroom, Carson Christman Yahvah was accused of criminal assault on a juvenile and was charged on June 6. On July 27, a civil lawsuit was brought against Yahvah and the school system.

a letter to the Independent Record with a statement Yahvah has been teaching music at Helena Public Schools for the past nine years, according to her attorneys at Delli Bovi and Martin LLC in Helena. They acknowledged Yahvah’s involvement in the two cases and mentioned that the court had been given notifications of affirmative defenses in the criminal case.

“There is always more to every story,” the statement says. “As these matters are still ongoing, we have no further comment at this time. We look forward to our day in court.”

The Four Georgians Elementary School principal called a school resource officer on March 7 to report that Yahvah had been accused of attacking a pupil earlier that day, according to the affidavit of probable cause filed in Lewis and Clark County District Court as part of the criminal prosecution. The student’s mother and father were on their way to the school, the administrator informed the police, and Yahvah had been suspended.

Authorities were informed by school administrators that Yahvah became irate with the pupil because he refused to accept responsibility for scratching another student during a music class.

Carson Yahvah and wife Andrea

“The Defendant reacted by gripping (the student’s) neck and shoulders in such a way as to bring (the student’s) head or face to eye level and with his hands still on (the student’s) neck and shoulders, he removed (the student) from the classroom and left him in the hallway,” the affidavit says, adding that Yahvah yelled at the student during the altercation.

Red markings on the student’s neck were documented by the principal in photographs, which the police later acquired. The mother of the student also gave police pictures of the red marks.

Red markings on the student’s neck were documented by the principal in photographs, which the police later acquired. The mother of the student also gave police pictures of the red marks.

The day of the incident, Yahvah informed an officer over the phone that the student was beginning to “get in other people’s faces and not listen to directions.” He claimed that when Yahvah summoned the student over to him to express his regret for scratching another youngster, the student seemed to ignore him and declined to say anything.

When the officer heard this, according to Yahvah, he became furious and grabbed the kid by the neck and shoulders, forcing him to the hallway desk. Yahvah claimed that after realizing that his actions weren’t the best, he apologized to the pupil and begged for his pardon.

The court entered a plea of “not guilty” on Yahvah’s behalf as part of the arraignment. Oct. 31 at 9 a.m. is the time for the jury trial. Yahvah told the court through his attorneys that he intends to employ the affirmative defense of reasonable use of force and present proof of his good character during the course of the trial.

Yahvah faces a maximum penalty of five years in jail and a fine of $50,000 if found guilty of felony assault on a child.

The District Court-filed civil lawsuit claims that the student Yahvah is accused of assaulting has a number of problems, including “Emotional Disturbance.” The student “is quite disruptive in class,” according to an individualized education plan created for him in November, and “requires staff support to engage and keep him on target.”

According to the lawsuit, the boy claimed to his parents that Yahvah had previously verbally and physically harassed him, and that after the alleged assault in March, other pupils had teased and taunted him.

The lawsuit further claims that instead of dismissing Yahvah following the alleged attack, Helena Public Schools transferred him to another primary school.

Rex Weltz, the superintendent of Helena Public Schools, announced on Monday that Yahvah is out of the classroom and on unpaid leave. Yahvah was pulled from the classroom when the criminal charge was filed, and she won’t be in the classroom throughout any criminal procedures, Weltz added, despite the fact that the school district is “tied to a level of confidentiality while investigations take place.”

In the lawsuit, Yahvah is charged with assault and battery, Helena Public Schools is held strictly liable for the assault, the school district is accused of negligently hiring and supervising the teacher, both defendants are charged with negligently causing emotional distress, and the school district is also accused of failing to provide adequate security for the student while on its property.

In addition to punitive damages from Yahvah “to punish him and others from misusing his position of trust to harm students and children,” the lawsuit asks for compensatory damages from both defendants in an amount to be established at trial.

Last known contact information

Address: 423 Barney St Helena, MT 59602
Phone: (406) 465-4848
Email: carson.yahvah@gmail.com
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/carso115/videos
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/carson.yahvah

Men

James Goff, Greco Middle School Teacher Arrested on 45 Counts of Sexual Offenses and Child Pornography

Published

on

HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. – A teacher at Greco Middle School in Hillsborough County, identified as James Goff, 56, has been arrested on charges related to sexual offenses against a juvenile and possession of child pornography, according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office.

Goff’s arrest comes after an investigation revealed his involvement in sexual acts against a juvenile victim that occurred between May and November of this year. The sheriff’s office stated that the crimes did not take place on school property, and, at this point in the investigation, detectives do not believe any students from Greco Middle School were victimized.

Sheriff Chad Chronister expressed the gravity of the situation, saying, “Not only did this man take advantage of a vulnerable juvenile, he shattered the trust our community put in him. It’s a betrayal that cuts deep, especially from someone in a position who is meant to nurture and protect.” Goff faces a total of 45 charges, including 28 counts of Promotion of a Sexual Performance by a Child, eight counts of Possession of Child Pornography, six counts of Lewd or Lascivious Battery, one count of Use of Computer Services or Devices to Solicit Certain Illegal Acts, one count of Transmission of Material Harmful to Minor, and one count of Unlawful Use of a Two-Way Communication Device.

Detectives executed a search warrant, leading to the discovery of numerous images and videos of child pornography in Goff’s possession. The sheriff’s office emphasized that the investigation is ongoing, but as of now, they do not believe any students were victimized.

In response to the arrest, a Hillsborough County School District official issued a statement, saying, “[Goff] was hired by the district in 2014 and passed all background checks. We are shocked and deeply troubled by these charges. He has been suspended and will not be on campus pending termination.” The school district is cooperating with law enforcement in the ongoing investigation.

Goff is facing severe legal consequences, and Sheriff Chronister assured the community that he will “pay the full price for his actions.” As the case unfolds, the community is left grappling with the betrayal of trust in a figure meant to guide and protect the young minds at Greco Middle School.

Last Known Contact Information

Address: 4159 Yellowwood Dr Valrico, FL 33594
Phone: 304-415-2937
Email: jkgoff@yahoo.com

Jail Information

Booking Number2023-39688

Court Information

23-CF-019049-A

CaseNumber_23-CF-019049-A

Continue Reading

Men

Dark Secrets Unveiled: Chicago Gym Teacher’s Andrew Castro Predatory Conduct Ignored by School District

Published

on

In a shocking revelation, a lawsuit filed against the Chicago Board of Education exposes an alleged pattern of neglect and inaction regarding the sexual abuse of three boys by former Federico García Lorca Elementary School gym teacher, Andrew Castro. The accusations, spanning from 2018 to 2022, have prompted legal action against the school district for purportedly failing to protect the minors.

Andrew Castro was arrested in June 2023 on charges of sexually abusing the three boys, aged 10 to 12 at the time, between 2018 and earlier this year. The lawsuit, filed by the Karlin Law Firm and the Disparti Law Group, contends that the Chicago Public School (CPS) officials were aware of the allegations against Castro long before his arrest.

The legal representatives argue that Castro, despite being removed from his position in 2021, continued his predatory behavior, allegedly ingratiating himself with the victims’ families and maintaining contact with the boys even after his departure. The lawsuit asserts that the school district’s failure to notify parents about Castro being a potential threat allowed the abuse to persist.

Cass Casper, an attorney with the Disparti Law Group, accused the CPS of being aware of the sexual abuse allegations “at least as of May 2021.” He stated, “Despite that … they didn’t do enough to warn parents that this individual was a threat.”

The lawsuit further details how Castro reportedly manipulated the victims’ families, taking advantage of their vulnerable circumstances, and continued his abusive behavior outside school premises. Allegations include sleepovers at Castro’s home, outings to the movies and bowling, and inappropriate games that involved the boys removing their clothes.

The family of the victims discovered the abuse in 2023 when one of the boys began self-harming. The legal action aims to hold the Chicago Board of Education accountable for its alleged failure to safeguard the children and communicate the potential danger posed by Castro.

Prolonged Neglect and Ongoing Abuse

The lawsuit sheds light on the disturbing timeline of events, exposing Castro’s alleged predatory tactics and the school district’s apparent negligence. According to the legal documents, Castro began his insidious grooming process in 2017 when the victims were just 8 to 11 years old. The gym teacher is accused of befriending the Spanish-speaking parents of the boys, gaining their trust through offers to do household work.

“He would take them to the movies and the bowling alley. He introduced himself to the family of these children and gained their trust by offering to do work, for example at their house,” said Cass Casper, an attorney representing the victims.

The lawsuit contends that despite the allegations, Castro continued to exploit the families’ financial vulnerabilities. He hired the parents for renovation projects, creating a dependency that further allowed him to manipulate and control the narrative.

A Systemic Failure

The legal complaint also highlights a perceived failure within the CPS system to protect the children. It alleges that the school staff at Lorca Elementary were aware of Castro’s inappropriate relationship with the boys, citing instances where he was seen with them outside of school premises, including a strip mall in Harwood Heights.

Attorney Bob Fioretti of the Disparti Law Group stated, “The accusations in this case are sickening and difficult to read, but it’s essential that they remain public. The defendants failed to protect the most vulnerable members of our society.”

The federal lawsuit, now on hold as the criminal case against Castro proceeds, accuses CPS of neglect and calls for accountability in ensuring such instances do not recur.

CPS Response and Urgent Call for Action

In response to the lawsuit, Chicago Public Schools issued a statement, asserting their commitment to the safety and well-being of students. The district refrained from commenting on pending investigations or litigation but emphasized adherence to policies and procedures.

The legal proceedings have prompted a call to action from the victims’ attorneys, encouraging others who may have experienced abuse at the hands of CPS staff or other educational institutions to come forward. A hotline for reporting such cases is expected to be established in the coming weeks.

As the community grapples with the aftermath of this shocking revelation, the case underscores the critical need for transparent communication, vigilant oversight, and a commitment to safeguarding the well-being of students within educational institutions. The legal process will unfold in the coming months, bringing to light the full extent of the allegations and the responsibility that may be borne by the Chicago Board of Education.

Continue Reading

Men

Kareem Spann, Louis Armstrong Middle School Teacher Arrested for Sexual Misconduct with Students

Published

on

A former teacher at Louis Armstrong Middle School in Sherman Oaks has been arrested and charged with sexual misconduct involving multiple students. Kareem Spann, a 46-year-old resident of Burbank, pled not guilty to the charges of lewd act on a child and child molesting. The arrest came after the Los Angeles Police Department received reports from students about ongoing inappropriate sexual contact by Spann during his time as an eighth-grade teacher at the school.

According to investigators, Spann allegedly initiated inappropriate communication with a student in April, leading to grooming and eventually unlawful touching. Additionally, another charge involves a separate incident during lunchtime on school property in April, with a different child as the victim. The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office is prosecuting the case.

Spann had been employed at Louis Armstrong Middle School during the 2022-2023 academic year. The LAPD is currently conducting an investigation and encourages any potential additional victims to contact law enforcement at 818-374-5415.

District Attorney George Gascon expressed the importance of protecting children from abuse or exploitation, stating, “These types of crimes against vulnerable students are sickening and a violation of trust.”

Spann is scheduled to appear in court on June 21 for further proceedings. He remains in custody, and his bail is set at $120,000.

In response to the incident, the Los Angeles Unified School District issued a statement emphasizing their immediate actions upon receiving concerns from the school community. They promptly contacted the police, removed Spann from campus pending investigation results, and provided counseling support to affected students.

Authorities believe there may be additional victims and are urging anyone with information to come forward. The community is shaken by the incident, as they strive to ensure the safety and well-being of their students.

Last Known Contact Information

Address: 15111 Burbank Blvd Apt 104 Van Nuys, CA 91411
Phone: 314-436-3105
Email: kareem.spann@gmail.com

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Get Updates On All the Naughty Teachers!

Trending